campus wide alert

Alternative Financial Aid and Financing Options

  • Federal Aid Programs
    • Direct PLUS Loans are low-interest loans for parents of dependent students. Interest is charged during all periods, beginning on the date of your loan's first disbursement. Parents cannot have an adverse credit history (a credit check will be done). Parents may apply on-line at Parents will have to complete a Master Promissory Note or MPN may be required to complete  Entrance Loan Counseling at Please use your FSA ID and password to access this site.

      *To receive federal self-help financial assistance at Catawba College, you must be accepted at Catawba College and make satisfactory academic progress toward a degree and you must show demonstrated financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must file this form online at

  • Alternative Private Student Loans
    Lenders generally make available alternative student loans to help fill the gap between the financial aid you receive and the money you still need. These are typically in the student's name; however, most require a co-signer. Please contact the Financial Aid Office to determine which loan would be best for you.

  • Higher Education Service Payment Plan (HES Payment Plan)
    hes-brochure.gifIn our continuing effort to assist the families of our students, Catawba College offers a monthly payment plan as an alternative to the traditional lump sum payments each semester. The plan is administered by Higher Education Services, Inc. (HES). You can print the brochure and enroll by mail or you can apply online through the HES website. If you have questions regarding the plan, feel free to contact HES on their toll-free number, 1-800-422-0010 or call the Catawba College Business Office at 1-800-CATAWBA.