Submitting PR Requests
Important - Please Read These Guidelines Carefully
The Office of Public Relations is responsible for maintaining a consistent editorial and graphic identity in all official Catawba College publications and communications.
The PR Request form is intended for the production of official Catawba publications, electronic communications, stationery and external communication for faculty, staff, administration and official student projects. It is not intended for individual or personal use. For more information, please contact the Office of Public Relations at (704) 637-4393. If necessary, you can find our Branding Guidelines at www.catawba.edu/logos.
Publications and Online Services:
Requests for publications will be processed as quickly as possible, but please allow adequate time for design, editing and printing of your project. Please keep in mind that the more lead time you can give us, the better job we can do for you. We produce hundreds of publications on campus each year, ranging from bookmarks and postcards to the College catalogue and viewbook and CAMPUS magazine. Our office is also responsible for creating and administrating the majority of electronic communications, including the College's public websites, e-mails, social media accounts, news releases, multimedia and video, as well as providing branding and content assistance to the IT department for the College's internal websites (i.e. CatLink).
Please allow for the following turnaround times for your requests and projects:
GRAPHIC DESIGN (Publications):
- Small Jobs: 14-21 working days
- Medium Jobs: 25-38 working days
- Large Jobs: 42-57 working days
WEBPAGES / FORMS / E-MAILS / SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Standard Requests: 3-5 working days
- New online forms: 1-2 weeks
- Requests Near the Start/End of the Semester or Academic Year: 1-4 weeks
EVENT PROGRAMS / STATIONERY / NAME TAGS / BUSINESS CARDS:
NEWS RELEASES (INCLUDES INTERVIEW PROCESS):
Client Project Checklist:
- Contact Person: Each job should have ONE CONTACT PERSON responsible for gathering and funneling all information and is responsible for signing off on proofs. By submitting your project request to Public Relations, you acknowledge that you have have proofed, corrected, and approved your project to be produced.
- Content: Incomplete copy, late copy and/or missing information can delay your project's projected delivery date — try to have copy as close to complete as possible. Proof and approve it BEFORE it comes to the designer.
- Format: Provide copy in an electronic format. Word document is best, if possible.
- Content Assistance: Files sometimes need a lot of clean-up, which takes extra time. Please let us know in advance if you need help writing your copy.
- We can help with images! We have a large and growing database of beautiful Catawba photos that can be used for many different publications. Sometimes, though, new images have to be shot. We can arrange a photographer, but if the shot includes students and/or faculty, it may be your responsibility to make those arrangements.
- Please provide HIGH RES IMAGES which are around 5x7" at 300 pixels per inch. That equals 1500 x 2100 pixels total. A good rule of thumb is by looking a the file size. High res images are usually 1 megabyte (Mb) or greater.
- By submitting your photos, you give Catawba College permission to use them for nonprofit College marketing. Whenever possible please include all the information you know about the photos, including subject, people, context, etc.
- Layout and Paper: We will be happy to advise on format, style, and paper.
Although we proofread most documents, YOU are responsible for accuracy. Review your proofs carefully. Be sure to fact check all information (including dates, indicia information, spelling of names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses).
It is YOUR responsibility to:
- Check for factual accuracy (pay special attention to headlines, subheads, and photo captions)
- Verify the proper spelling of all names, titles, and middle initials
- Double check dates, facts and figures
- Make sure the correct contact information and web urls are included
- Check spelling
- Double check that all copy has been proofread against original copy or changes marked on the previous proof
- Read all articles word for word for continuity
- Make sure if possible more than one person checks the final proof in order to avoid project delays, requested changes and corrections to copy and artwork by all approving parties should be submitted when returning the initial proof. Continual changes to approved artwork are timely and inhibit us from meeting approved deadlines.
Projects over $1,000 Require Purchase Orders:
If your project exceeds $1,000 you must turn in a P.O. Request, which must be handled by YOU and/or YOUR department.
Submit a PR Request