Instructions for Sanctioned Students
As part of your sanction for violating the campus alcohol policy, you have been asked to complete the AlcoholEdu program. This online, science-based course is designed to teach you about the effects of alcohol on the body and mind, and to assist you in making safer and healthier decisions so you can avoid trouble in the future.
The course has two sections, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement:
Part 1 of the course takes roughly 3 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. You must earn the specified grade or higher to pass and receive credit for the course. See the Conduct Administrator for the deadline for complete Part 1 of the course.
About one month after you complete Part 1, you will receive an e-mail asking you to complete Part 2, which takes about 15 minutes. See the Conduct Administrator for the deadline for complete Part 2 of the course.
Knowing the Facts
Planning Your Decisions
Review and Exam
BREAK: 30-60 days
Deciding for Yourself
Please note that the course may include surveys that measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as whole and will never see individual students' answers. You can feel confident that providing truthful answers — no matter what they are — will not put you at any risk for repercussions.
To begin AlcoholEdu for Sanctions:
Go to: http://sanctions.alcoholedu.com
Under New User enter the Login ID provided by the Conduct Administrator
Click "Sign Up"
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- When you return, log in as a Returning User and enter the same email address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center.
Thank you, and enjoy the course!
Additional Instructions and Deadlines
The sanction includes an online alcohol education course, $20 course fee, reflection paper, and a possible follow up meeting.
- Students will have 3 weeks from the date of the alcohol sanction letter to finish the online alcohol course and the paper.
- A $20 fee will be issued to the student's account via the Business Office.
- The course should take no longer than 3 hours to complete, and students do not have to finish it all in one sitting.
- Throughout the course there will be tests given on the material, and these grades will be shared with the administrator of this program. The final score will determine the amount of work needed to complete the student's sanction. (See Below)
- Please see attached instructions on the steps needed to complete the course.
Online Test Scoring and Further Sanctions
- Students must get 80% of the test questions correct in order to pass and receive credit for the online alcohol course.
- A reflection paper will be due on what was learned, previous experiences with alcohol, how the course helped, and what could be improved about our alcohol sanction.
- The paper must be 12-pt font, Times New Roman, 1" Margins on all sides.
- Please note: This is not a research paper. If you choose to quote or paraphrase please document appropriately. If you do not do this correctly you will have made an academic dishonesty violation and the incident will be turned over to S.C.A. Please refer to your student handbook for more information concerning academic dishonesty.
- The length of the paper will be determined by the test score received from the online course. (80-85%= 3 double spaced pages, 85-90%= 2 double spaced pages, 90%and above= 1 double space page)
- This paper will be due after the completion of the course and a hard copy must be given to Sarah Rossini in Student Affairs.
- Depending on how thoroughly the paper is written, there may be a follow up meeting with the administrator to discuss the paper submitted and to assess where the student's alcohol issue is at that point.
- Failure to complete these steps on time will result in a failure to comply charge and further student conduct action will take place.
Contact and Resource Information:
Office (704) 637-4410