- The General Fund:
- is the most flexible – can be used anywhere that the ONE Card is accepted (currently, this is the campus Bookstore, campus Dining Services, local merchants participating in the ONE Card program, concession stands at participating Catawba athletic events, and copiers located in the Curriculum Materials Center (CMC-Ketner Hall) and the Corriher-Linn-Black Library. In the future, it may include campus printers, additional copiers, vending, and other campus activities)
- is only funded from additional money put on this fund
- allows refunds of unused money, see the FAQs for more details on when and what happens to unused money
NOTE: Students must use their ONE Card "General Fund" to purchase clothing, food, drinks, medicine, etc. from the Bookstore.
- The Bookstore Fund:
- can be used only at the campus Bookstore
- is funded from additional money put on this fund, and
- funded from "advances" from any "expected" credit on your student account
- Since much of the financial aid does not get disbursed until later in the term, Catawba College "advances" money from any "expected" credit on your student account (after all actual and tentative charges, payments, and financial aid) to allow you to buy your books (and related supplies) when you would not be able to do so otherwise if you depend on your financial aid for books.
- This will be done automatically each night. The latest "expected" balance of your student account (actual and tentative charges, payments, and financial aid) is calculated. Adjustments to increase or decrease the "transfer" amount to the Bookstore Fund are made as appropriate based on this new "expected" balance on your student account. The maximum cumulative "transfer" will be the limit specified by the Catawba Business Office (currently $700). If your student account balance changes from an "expected" credit to an "expected" debit, any unspent money that exist on your Bookstore Fund that is the results of a previous "credit transfer" from your student account to the Bookstore Fund will be transferred back to your student account (up to the "debit amount").
TRANSFERRAL OF FUNDS:
Based on anticipated credits for a semester (this can come from Financial Aid, Work Study Contract, The HES Payment Plan, a combination, etc.) in which you are enrolled, the Business Office has a process that automatically transfers up to $700 to the Bookstore Fund on your ONEcard. This balance may be viewed in your CatLink account. There are, however, several instances where the balance will be depleted to zero:
- The Bookstore Fund never "disappears." It either gets used up through your purchases or is "pulled back" as a credit on your student account.
- Your Financial Aid package may change resulting in no more available credit.
- Changes in your registration can result in a change in the balance, thus adjusting your credit balance.
- Although the process is automatic, the Business Office has the option to "turn on or turn off" the automatic transfer and/or transfer funds manually.
- The Business Office may "pull back" the funds to your student account to process refunds. This is not a guarantee you will receive a check.
allows refunds of unused money, see the FAQs for more details on when and what happens to unused money
- After the normal period to buy books (approximately 10 days after classes have started for day students, and after a couple of days after the last block for the current term has started for evening students), any unspent money that exist on your student Bookstore Fund that is the results of a previous "credit transfer" from your student account to the Bookstore Fund will be transferred back to your student account. Since Catawba is "advancing" money from the "expected" credit which (in most cases) has not been received by Catawba – and for a variety of reasons may not be received – the unspent money from the "credit transfer" is returned to your student account since the "advance" has served its purpose and is not intended to be used later for non-book purchases.
- Any extra money that is added directly to the Bookstore Fund is treated separately and is not impacted by the daily adjustment or end of "normal period to buy books" adjustment described above.
- Exceptions will be handled on a case by case basis by the Catawba Business Office
NOTE: Students can only use their ONE Card: Bookstore Fund to purchase books, supplies, and materials related to books, as well as any rental of books, pencils, pens, paper, computer products, etc. Other items in the Bookstore (clothing, food, drinks, medicine, etc.) must be purchased using the ONE Card: General Fund.
The Dining Services Fund
Web services for the ONE Card from CatLink
- can be used only at the campus Dining Services
- is only funded from additional money put on this fund
- is not refundable (the Dining Service fund is administered by Chartwells, and it is their policy to not refund money applied to the campus Dining Services Fund. Therefore, Catawba College recommends either adding small increments of money periodically over the school term or using the General Fund).
- is in addition to the "board" plan that is part of the "Room and Board" charges paid by students living on campus
(ONE Card eMarketplace):
- check the balance of all ONE Card funds (General, Dining Services, Dining Flex $, and Bookstore)
- allows a cardholder or a guest to deposit money to a ONE Card fund using a credit card (excluding the Dining Flex $ fund – this fund is used for points associated with a meal plan)
- view up to a 90 day history of all charges and deposits made to a ONE Card account
- report a ONE Card lost or stolen so that it can’t be used at any ONE Card merchant or for door access