Each transfer student will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the amount of college level athletic training course work and clinical experience he/she has undertaken. The rules for transfer students are as follows:
- A transfer student who has no athletic training experience will be required to follow the entrance requirements for traditional students.
- A transfer student who has athletic training experience will be required to follow the entrance requirements below:
- The only athletic training course which will be accepted is the equivalent of PER 1525 Introduction to Athletic Training.
- Clinical experience will be determined by taking a Clinical Mastery Examination
- The student may be admitted on a probationary basis if spaces are available. The Program Director and athletic training staff will evaluate the following areas:
- overall GPA
- interview with athletic training staff
- recommendation from a certified athletic trainer
Student-Athlete/Athletic Training Student Policy
Majoring in Athletic Training and being a student athlete is possible. The student athlete/athletic training student will have to meet all the clinical education requirements set forth by the Athletic Training Education Program. The student athlete/athletic training student will sign the "Student Athlete/Athletic Training Student" agreement with their Head Coach and the Athletic Training Program Director which will outline their athletic and athletic training responsibilities during their teams respective playing season. Upon completion of their respective teams's season, the student athlete/athletic training student will dedicate the remainder of their time to athletic training. Failure to meet the clinical education requirements set forth by the Athletic Training Education Program will result in a failing clinical grade.