Scholarly Activity: Presentation, Publications, & Other Works
Dr. Jamie Slate
- Rethinking Motivation: Self-Interest vs. Others-Directed Models of Human Behavior, Business Education Innovation Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, Fall 2009, co-authored with Dr. Andrew Morris
- State of the Economy: Recession 2008-2009, Public Lecture given at Catawba College, Ketner School of Business, at the Invitation of the Catawba College Young Republicans Club, Salisbury, NC October 26, 2009
- Economy 2009: Worst since the Depression? Lecture given to members of the Thyatira Presbyterian Church and general community, Salisbury, NC, May 27, 2009
- All Economics is Local, Rowan Magazine, Issue 2, 2009 Salisbury, NC, May, 2009
- Recession 2008 and beyond: Characteristics & Comparisons, Lecture given to members of the Country Club of Salisbury, NC January 8, 2009
- Getting Here from There, Glass-Steagall and Today’s Financial Crisis; Open Lecture –Milford Hills United Methodist Church, Salisbury, NC, November 03, 2008
- Election ’08 Forum & Poster Presentation; Guest speaker and panel member— Tom Smith Auditorium, Catawba College, Salisbury, NC, October 30, 2008
- Assessing the Current Economy and Financial Crisis in America; Guest Speaker –First United Methodist Church, Lexington, NC, October 22, 2008
- Introducing Game Theory via Experiment; poster presented at the 8th Annual Teaching Workshop hosted by UNC-Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, NC, October, 11 2008
- Towards Economics Geography in the Economic Principles Classroom; poster presented at The 18th Annual Conference on Teaching and Learning in Ponte Vedra, FL – April 2007
- Overcoming Bad Management Theory: Rediscovering Moral Sentiments; co-author with Andrew Morris, Jason Hunt, & John Zerger; paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management in Atlanta, GA – August 2006
- Polanyi, Forms of Economic Integration, and the Southern Appalachian Economy in the 19th Century; paper presented at the 32nd Annual Meeting of the Academy of Economics & Finance in Myrtle Beach, SC. -February 2005
Dr. Pamela Thompson
- From Mining Tinnitus Database to Tinnitus Decision-Support System, Initial Study", presented at the Intelligent Agent Technology Conference, Silicon Valley, CA, 2007
Dr. John B. Green
- Green, John B. and Alan Rohrbaugh. "Moderating Effects of Superior Product and Early Innovative Entry on NPD Success/Failure Screening Models." Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) International Marketing Science Conference, Emory University, Atlanta GA USA, June 16-19, 2005.
- Green, John B. and Veronica Wong 2003. "Size and Timing Do Matter: NPD Model Growth Between the Initial Screen and One-Year Post Launch." Marketing Management Journal, 13(1): 125-139. (Formerly Journal of Marketing Management USA)
- Green, John B. "Dynamic Change and Educational New Product Development Entry Success: Blending Liberal Arts, Technical Education, and Assessment," IACBE Region Three Meeting, Business Administration Division, Atlanta , GA , October 16, 2001.
- Green, John B. "Using Structural Equation Models to Determine Direct and Indirect Influences on US NPD Entry Success," Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) International Marketing Science Conference, INSEAD, Fontainbleau , France , July 10-13, 1998 (accepted but not presented due to department budgetary shortfall).
- Green, John B. and John E. Blair. "Developing freshman written, oral and computer communication skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and the World Wide Web," 10th International Conference on the 1st year Experience, University of Warwick, Coventry England, July 22, 1997.
- Green, John B. and Veronica Wong. "Dynamic Change and NPD Entry Success," Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) International Marketing Science Conference, University of California at Berkeley, March 23, 1997.
- Hackett, Raymond, John B. Green, and Christopher Kaase. "A Model Institutional Research Program For The Small College: New Realities, New Strategies," Association for Institutional Research (AIR) International Conference, New Orleans, LA , May 31, 1994.
- Wong, Veronica and John B. Green. "New Product Market Entry Success: A Comparison of Factor Variance," European Marketing Academy Proceedings (EMAC), Barcelona Spain, May 26, 1993 .
- Hackett, Raymond, John B. Green, and Christopher Kaase. "Developing a Model Institutional Research Program for a Small College ," South Carolina Association of Institutional Research (SCAIR), Hilton Head, SC, February 26, 1993.
- Green, John B. "An Experimental Matrix/Integrative Solution for Institutional Research Offices," Southern Association for Institutional Research (SAIR) Joint Conference with Society for College and University Planning (SCUP), Myrtle Beach, SC, October 24-27, 1992.
- Green, John B. "An Assessment Model that Works!," Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) International Conference, New Orleans, LA, July 1, 1991.
- Green, John B. "Practical solutions for data collection/integration: DOS ... Is that all there is?" Workshop for Community College Administrators, Auburn University, May 12, 1994.
- Green, John B. "The Establishment of Institutional Research Programs: Variations Within One University," Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Regional Accrediting Conference, Atlanta, GA , December 16, 1993.
- In formatting stage for Green, John B. "Long Term vs Short Term Dimensions of NPD Success," Intended outlet: European Journal of Marketing. Completed first draft of "Differences Between High and Low Technology Market Entry Success Factors." Intended outlet: Journal of Product Innovation Management.
- In data analysis stage for "Overlooked Effects of Pioneering, Competition, and Innovativeness on NPD Launch." Intended outlet: Journal of Marketing Research.