campus wide alert


A Unique Opportunity to Achieve Your College Goal

segs2013.jpgCatawba's Evening Undergraduate Program serves adults who want to earn a college degree in the evening or who want to take courses for professional development. Our unique format allows students to enroll as full-time students while maintaining full-time employment.

The Majors
The Evening Undergraduate Program offers two degrees:

You can earn the B.B.A. degree in four years (or less if you have already earned credit at other institutions) by taking one course at a time during convenient evening hours. You are eligible to enroll if you are 21 years of age and have earned a high school diploma or a GED, or you have completed an Associate's degree.


debrabw.jpgWhat Is The Format?
Both regular semesters, Fall and Spring, each consist of four blocks; a block is four weeks long. During each block there are nine class meetings, four each on Monday and Thursday evenings (6:00-9:45 p.m.) and one Saturday session (8:00-11:45 a.m.). Several courses are also offered in a bi-weekly format on Tuesday evenings and an online format.         

A selection of courses is offered during each block, some that fulfill general education or elective requirements, and others that satisfy major requirements. You choose one course per block. Each course earns three semester hours of academic credit.         

What Is The Meaning Of Full-time?
In order to be a full-time student, you must take 12 hours each semester. You must attend "full-time" to be eligible for many forms of financial aid.

How Many Hours Are Required?

Students must complete a minimum of 120 semester hours to earn the B.B.A. or B.A.E. degrees. We offer four blocks in each of the two regular semesters (Fall and Spring) and two blocks in the Summer for a total of 10 blocks per year as well as bi-weekly and online courses. By taking 30 hours per year, you can complete the required 120 hours for the B.B.A. degree in four years. Many students transfer in credit from other institutions. Obviously, less time is required for them to complete the degree.  Students may complete the B.A.E. degree in two years after the completion of the A.A.S. degree.

When Does It Start?

You may begin your studies at the beginning of any block during any semester. However, if you need to maintain full-time status, you must start at the beginning of the Fall or Spring semester and register for at least four courses. Students must maintain full-time status for many grants and loans.