College Central Network (CCN): Alumni
College Central Network is your gateway to the best jobs on the Internet for recent graduates! CCN is FREE, but you must register in order to use the services. Once registered, you may:
- Search for jobs posted exclusively to Catawba College; search the Jobs Central® national job board and the Intern Central national internship board.
- Build a résumé with Résumé Builder, or upload a résumé file to Resume Central so it can be searched by employers (if you so authorize).
- Review your job search history. Report offers/hires.
- Receive e-mails about programs, services and job-related topics.
- Gain access to announcements, upcoming events, career advice documents, career advice videos, and career articles from over 125 authors.
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
LOGIN / REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
All alumni are eligible to use the Catawba College online job board after completing the registration process through a site that has been specially designed for Catawba. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the URL: www.collegecentral.com/catawba
- Click the Alumni Icon
- Clikc the Register Now link
- After registering, you can Log in at Alumni Central.
If you receive the message: "You have either logged in to the wrong School, entered an incorrect ID and Password combination, or you are a first time visitor", go to the log in screen and reset your password using the "Forgot Your Password?" link.
If you have any difficulty, please contact our office at (704) 637-4384 or at email@example.com.
Enter all demographic information. Be as thorough and complete as possible as employers will search candidates using this criteria as well as the Job Agent will notify you of jobs posted to Catawba College that match your profile.
For security reasons, if you were pre-registered in the system, you should change your password.
From your homepage, click Upload a Résumé or Build a Résumé. Either upload a résumé you have typed or use the system's Résumé Builder. Employers cannot find you without a résumé in the system and you don't want to miss out on any opportunities.
- Click Search for Jobs Posted to My School, enter criteria specific to the type of job you are looking for on the search form, click Begin Search. You may also Search for Jobs in CCN's Jobs Central national job database or in Intern Central, the national internships board. Because the national boards are so vast, use a keyword and specific city or zip to narrow the results.
- To monitor your résumé activity, select View My Job Search History on your homepage.
- From your homepage, complete the Report Offers/Hires when you are offered a job so we know about your employment success.
- Review the Career Document and Media Libraries to get additional job search tips and career info via printed documents, podcasts, and videos
CREATE A PORTFOLIO
Create a career portfolio to show prospective employers samples of your work and accomplishments that support your resume. Make the portfolio visible to employers when you have it completed.
You can visit the job board at anytime, 24/7. Just click through to Alumni Central and enter your Access ID and Password and you're there! If you forget your ID or Password, go to the login screen to access it.
Log in frequently to check out new jobs, and keep your information and resume updated. Profiles not updated every 18 months and resumes not updated in 18 months will be purged from the system.
If you have any questions, please contact Robin Perry, Director of Career Services, at (704) 637-4384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.