Follow Career Services on:
Welcome to Career Services
Our office strives to serve Catawba students with their individual career development — getting them ready for “life after Catawba.” We assist with all phases — from making "major" decisions, to how to write a resume, to experiential learning opportunities.
So no matter what phase you find yourself in, we are here to help! We serve as a resource for students with:
- Resumes - Creating resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, and help with personal statements.
- Interviews - through mock interviews (offered each semester)
- Expert advice regarding- Dress for success, Etiquette tips, Facebook - what should and shouldn't be on yours, Networking, and more.
- Events on campus bringing recruiters from industry and graduate schools to meet with students.
- Connecting with the business community to help develop internships and job shadowing opportunities for Catawba students.
- Job search assistance by providing helpful resources and tools for the process.
- Career Fairs, Grad School Fairs and Forums, Summer Job/Camp Fairs, Corporate Recruiters on campus, Manners Matter dinner.
- Catawba students and alumni can access jobs and internships for a wide variety of fields on College Central Network (CCN). This free service allows local, national and international employers to post positions exclusively for Catawba.
- Catawba students and alumni can search for jobs, upload a resume, create a portfolio, apply online for opportunities and access career-related information at www.collegecentral.com/catawba.
- Businesses can post jobs at www.collegecentral.com/catawba
What Can You Do with Your Major? For each major that interests you, you'll find an outline of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities, as well as a list of websites that provide information about the listed majors and related careers. Read more »
PROGRAMS & events
Careers Services hosts a number of events designed to help you in your career search, including how to create a resume and how to network. View a list of our programs and events.
Stay tuned for more events!
NEWS AND UPDATES
jobs and internships
Current Opportunities (UPDATED OFTEN!)
View a list of current full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities. Hurry, the early bird gets the worm! Please contact Career Services when applying to these opportunities.
Secrets from the Hidden Job Market
Check out one of the best ways to get a job in a tight job market!
- MONDAY: 9am-6pm
- TUESDAY-FRIDAY: 9am-4pm
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Call (704) 637-4384 or e-mail email@example.com to schedule an appointment
Career Services is located in the Student Affairs office in the Cannon Student Center.