Three members were inducted into the Catawba College Athletic Training Hall of Fame on Feb. 18 during a ceremony held in the Robertson College-Community Center on campus. The ceremony was sponsored by the Catawba College Athletics Department and the Catawba College Athletic Training Program.
The inductees included: Jim Bradley '86 of Mebane; John Lukowski '92 of Irmo, S.C.; and Angela Shirk Sneed '93 of Mooresville.
Following are the achievements of these 2012 inductees:
Jim Bradley '86
- Was the very first Catawba College Athletic Training Student, 1981-1986. ;
- Awarded Mr. Catawba in 1984. ;
- Completed Masters of Arts at Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN, 1988. ;
- Served as a graduate assistant athletic trainer at Tennessee Technological University. ;
- Teacher and Head Athletic Trainer at South Mecklenburg High School, Charlotte, NC from 1988-2001. ;
- Completed Emergency Medical Technician Certification from Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC in 1992 and served as volunteer fire fighter for the Pineville Fire Department. ;
- Completed National Certification as a Clinical Researcher from Durham Technical Community College, Durham, NC in 2002. ;
- Clinical Research Specialist for Pediatric Hematology & Oncology at UNC-Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 2002-present.
John Lukowski '92
- An outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College, 1988-1992. ;
- Inducted into the Catawba College Order of the Blue and White in 1991. ;
- Completed Masters of Education at the University of Virginia,, Charlottesville, VA, 1993. ;
- Athletic Trainer at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Seaford, DE from 1993-1994. ;
- Athletic Trainer & Coordinator of Sports Medicine at The Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg, SC, 1994-2001. ;
- Completed Masters Degree in Physical Therapy (2001) & Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy (2008) at the Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC. ;
- Director of Rehabilitation Services for The Regional Medical Center, Orangeburg, SC, 2004-2009. ;
- Currently, Physical Therapist for Tri-County Home Health, Columbia, SC.
Angela Shirk Sneed '93
- An outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College from 1989-1993. ;
- Certified Athletic Trainer and Marketing Representative for HealthSouth, Charlotte, NC, 1999-2003. ;
- Chaired the Medical & Safety Committee and provided coverage to the Charlotte Rugby Club, Diamond's Softball Team, Carolina Cobras, local high schools and eight motorsports teams. ;
- Marketing Manager for Carolinas Healthcare System, Charlotte, NC, 2003-2004. ;
- Responsible for marketing and sales strategies, referral development, contract negotiations, budgeting, event management and improving customer services related to healthcare. ;
- Event Coordinator and Athletic Trainer for PIT Instruction & Training, Mooresville, NC, 2007-2009. ;
- Provided injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for six motorsports teams. ;
- Owner and Certified Athletic Trainer of Advanced Athletic Training Solutions, Mooresville, NC, 2009 – present. Contracted to provide sports medicine treatment and care to the pit crews for Roush Fenway Racing, Petty Motorsports, and Ganassi Racing.
Jeff Tucker '90
- An outstanding athletic training student at Catawba College from 1986-1990. ;
- Earned a Master of Arts Degree in Physical Therapy from Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA in 1993. ;
- Physical Therapist and Athletic Trainer at North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, NC, 1993 – 1995. ;
- Director of Rehabilitation Services and Sports Medicine at St. Lucie Medical Center & Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Port St. Lucie, FL, 1995-2000. ;
- Developed first community-wide Sports Medicine Program that provided seven athletic trainers for the seven community high schools in Port St. Lucie, FL. ;
- Named Clinical Instructor of the Year at North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 1995. ;
- Named JCAHO "Best Leader" and "Best Plan of Care" in 1998 during the St. Lucie Medical Center hospital-wide joint commission accreditation. ;
- Currently, Owner/CEO and Physical Therapist for Premier Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, Port St. Lucie, FL.
This year's inductees join the 2011 inaugural class of inductees who included Gary Blabon '91 of Salisbury; Dr. Dan Burks '93 of Salisbury; Chris Felix '92 of Audubon, N.J.; Dr. Jolene Miller Henning '96 of Greensboro; Scott McCall '93 of Charlotte; and Holly Stump '98 of Durham.
PHOTOS: 2012 Athletic Training Hall of Fame
AT Hall of Fame and Past Inductees
VIDEO: Catawba Athletic Training Students in Action