The Glenn and Addie Ketner Center for International Studies offers the following foreign study programs:
- Madrid, Spain (July 2-29, 2014)
- France (March 2014)
- Wales (March 7-16, 2014)
- Japan (March 7-16, 2014)
- Europe (March 7-16, 2014)
- Bonaire (Fall 2014)
- Costa Rica (Not Currently Offered)
- Recent International Programs
news & updates
Travel forms for our study abroad/foreign study programs:
At present there are two types of foreign study experiences available for Catawba students:
- Ad hoc travel excursions organized and led by faculty members, and associated with a Catawba course: These excursions typically last from a few days to several weeks. They ordinarily take place during the summer or during one of the extended breaks in the academic year. Recently, excursions have been organized for Britain, Italy, Jamaica, the Galapagos Islands, Ireland, France, Estonia, Japan, China, and more.
- Independent Foreign Study: We are also happy to help students find and arrange independent foreign study opportunities through other programs, not officially a part of Catawba's offerings. We will assist a student in finding an appropriate program almost anywhere in the world and in transferring academic credit back to Catawba.
The cost of these programs varies. Need-based foreign study scholarships are available to assist with current programs and with ad hoc excursions. The goal is to provide foreign study opportunities to all Catawba students, regardless of financial need.
PHOTOS & Blogs:
Hear from students who have shared their study abroad experiences: