What Can Be Recycled
What can be recycled at catawba:
- Aluminum Cans
- Mixed Paper
- All glass containers
- Wooden pallets
- Misc: junk mail, newspaper, cereal boxes, mixed paper, copy paper, bound books, magazines, etc.
- Cardboard — Flatten boxes and place by trash container or recycling stations.
- Cell Phones, PDAs, iPODS, accessories, rechargeable batteries and chargers - All makes and models. There are three(3) drop off locations: Environmental Services, Information Technology and Student Affairs.
- Styrofoam Packing Peanuts - must be clean and bagged/boxed separately from the rest of the recyclable materials. For large amounts, let us know and we will pick them up when we make our rounds.
Please remove lids and rinse containers. Wrappers, waxy plastic coated food contaminated paper (pizza boxes) are not allowed. Please do not contaminate recycling bins by placing in them materials that are not recyclable. If the contents of a recycling bin are deemed contaminated, it will be disposed of as regular solid waste.
What can’t be recycled at catawba:
- Food Contaminated Items
- Styrofoam (except packing peanuts)
- Adhesive Labels
- Paper Towels
- Rubber Bands
- Waxed Cardboard Boxes
- Carbon Paper
- Food Wrappers
- Sticky Tape
- Facial Tissue
- Metal Binder Fasteners
- Pizza Boxes
Put our Recycle containers to work! Look for recycling bins outside of residence halls, throughout campus and in our academic building and offices.
If you have suggestions for more convenient or additional locations please contact David Najarian at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling (704) 637-4242.