Scholarships & Financial Aid for Distance & Online Undergraduate Students
- The Federal Pell Grant is a grant awarded based on a student’s Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA to undergraduate students and does not need to be paid back.
North Carolina Scholarships and Loans
- The North Carolina Need-Based Scholarship is a scholarship awarded to undergraduate, North Carolina Residents attending private colleges and based on a student’s Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA and does not need to be paid back.
- Additional North Carolina Scholarship and Loan Opportunities for North Carolina Residents can be found by visiting the College Foundation of North Carolina website at www.cfnc.org. Each of these additional scholarships and loan opportunities have specific criteria and requirements as well as application processes.
- Federal Direct Student Loans may be awarded on a student’s Financial Aid Award Letter based on a student’s submitted FAFSA application. A Federal Direct Student Loan is money given to a student to help pay for college from the federal government and must be repaid including interest.
- Private Student Loans are student loans given to a student to help pay for college from private banks and lenders. A Private Student Loan must be paid back with interest and should be used as a final option to pay a student’s out of pocket cost to attend Catawba College.