Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Ms. Jasper joined Catawba in February 2003 as Director of Information Technology. She was promoted to Chief Information Officer in June 2006. A President's cabinet officer, Ms. Jasper reports to the Executive Vice President and is a liaison to the Board of Trustees Institutional Operations Committee. She is also an ex officio member of the faculty Instructional Support Committee, serves on the Emergency Response Group, and chairs the Data Governance Group. She leads or participates in numerous campus focus groups (Learning Technology, Student Retention & Success, Digital Signage, Reimagining the Library).
Prior to coming to Catawba College, Ms. Jasper served for six years as an Assistant Director of Business Computing at Wake Forest University. Prior to that, she served for ten years as a Senior Software Engineer at Software Research Northwest in Washington state, a higher-education software vendor that developed the DegreeWorks software acquired by Ellucian. Ms. Jasper holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial and Management Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y.
Honors, Publications and Presentations:
- CRM Recruit High-Touch Communication Plans, April 2018, Ellucian Live Annual Conference, San Diego, California
- Joanna Jasper Endowed Scholarship, June 2012
Model of Efficiency Awards, University Business, April 2012
Data Security Tips for CIOs, CIO.com, April 2008
- Integrating Custom Reports into the IRIS Software, October 2000 Higher Education Software Users Association Annual Conference, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Guidelines for Surviving a Software Update, October 1999 Higher Education Software Users Association Annual Conference, San Diego, California
- Beyond RISC! : An Essential Guide to Hewlett-Packard Precision Architecture, 1988, co-author