Welcome to Career Services
Our office serves Catawba students in their individual career development — getting them ready for “life after Catawba.” We assist with all phases — from making "major" decisions, to how to write a resume, to experiential learning opportunities.
So no matter what phase you find yourself in, we are here to help! We serve as a resource for students with:
- Resumes - Creating resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, and help with personal statements for grad school applications.
- Interviews - real-world experience with the interview process through mock interviews (offered each semester).
- Career guidance - providing career guidance tools and support while you explore career paths based on your values, skills and personality.
- Expert advice on dressing for success, business etiquette tips, social media do's and dont's, networking, branding, and more.
- Recruiting events that bring recruiters from industry and graduate schools to meet with students on campus.
- Connecting with the business community to help develop internships and job shadowing opportunities
- Job search assistance by providing helpful resources and tools for the process.
- Special Events, such as career fairs, grad school fairs and forums, summer job/camp fairs, corporate recruiters on campus, and the manners matter dinner.
Programs & Events
Careers Services hosts a number of events designed to help you in your career search, including how to create a resume and how to network.
Online Access to Job Opportunities
Using the free Career Connect services:
- Catawba students and alumni can view and apply for jobs, upload resumes, watch career preparation videos, and register for career events.
- Employers can connect with students and alumni, as well as manage job opportunities, and conduct searches for applicants.
Focus 2: Online Career Guidance System
Focus 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning system that helps college students explore career paths based on their values, skills, and personality.
Jobs and Internships
Finding An Internship
Interested in gaining some real world experience? Internships are a great way to explore career areas of interest and gain valuable and marketable work experience. Contact Career Services for or call (704) 637-4384 for more information.
Current Opportunities (UPDATED OFTEN!)
View a list of current full-time, part-time, and internship opportunities. Hurry, the early bird gets the worm! Please contact Career Services when applying to these opportunities.
View a list of recent internships and experiential learning experiences.
Secrets from the Hidden Job Market
Check out one of the best ways to get a job in a tight job market!
Caution! Be Aware of Fraudulent Job Postings
While we strive to do all we can to ensure posted opportunities are valid, unfortunately, there are scammers out there. How to recognize a fraudulent job posting or scam »
Catawba Graduates: Job-Readiness
According to a survey of 2017 graduates, 96% were employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months following graduation. (Catawba College follows the National Association of Colleges and Employers First Destination Reporting Protocols to achieve this 74% knowledge rate.)
- 78% of graduates are employed
- 18% of graduates are enrolled in graduate school
- Our graduates are attending graduate school at institutions such as Elon University School of Law, North Carolina State University, UNC-Charlotte, University of Georgia, and University of South Carolina.
- Our graduates are employed by companies such as Ernst & Young, Lowes Corporate Headquarters, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, The Walt Disney Company, and the State of North Carolina, Office of the Lt. Governor.
Connect with Us
Career Services is located in the Room 133 on the first floor of Hedrick Administration Building.