Summer Orientation 2019
Orientation at Catawba College is required for all new students.
Students will experience what it feels like to be a Catawba College student, including an overnight stay in a residence hall for those attending Session I or II in June. During Orientation, one of our exceptional Orientation leaders will show you the ropes!
detailed information for students & parents
New students should follow the steps below to prepare for their arrival on campus:
- Review and print the orientation schedule. Bring this schedule with you to campus.
- Review the Quick Guide to Catawba Technology for information on how to login to CatLink (Catawba's community portal) and how to access your email - you will need this information for the next three steps.
- Login to CatLink, change your initial password, and set up your CatawbAlerts and secret question (see First-time CatLink Login Guide).
- While in CatLink, view the Housing and Mailbox Information channel on the Lifetab for campus mailbox information, your room assignment and roommate information (if living on campus).
- Read your Catawba email (see Quick Guide to Catawba Technology) and use the campus address book to easily contact faculty, staff, and other students. Official notifications, event information and other important notices are communicated via campus email. Check your Catawba email and the Catawba website often to stay updated.
- Return your Health History and Physical Examination forms to the Proctor Student Health Center.
- Return your Health Insurance Forms.
- Review the information below:
Be Prepared When You Arrive:
- Check for hold codes on your student account that may prevent you from registering for classes if not cleared.
- How to get your mailbox info (and other FAQs)
Housing & Residence Life
MICROFRIDGES: Residence halls are NOT furnished with microfridges.
- Check the academic calendar for opening/closing dates for residence halls.
Students who do not sign the waiver and provide private coverage will be charged for school insurance ($1,862).
THEATRE ARTS Students
Follow ALL directions explicitly in completing and returning forms:
Required Medical Forms