The following resources can assist you and your student in this life transition.
- Don't Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Parenting Guide to the College Years, by Helen E. Johnson, Christine Schelhas-Miller
- Letting Go: A Parents' Guide to Today's College Experience, by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger
- When Your Kid Goes to College: A Parent's Survival Guide, by Carol Barkin
- Been There, Should've Done That II: More Tips for Making the Most of College, by Suzette Tyler
- Beating the College Blues, by Paul Grayson and Phil Meilman.
- You're On Your Own (But I'm Here if You Need Me): Mentoring Your Child During the College Years, by Marjorie Savage
- Confessions of a College Freshman: A Survival Guide for Dorm Life, Biology Lab, the Cafeteria, and Other First-Year Adventures, by Zach Arrington
- The Ultimate College Survival Guide Fourth Edition, by Janet Farrar Worthington and Ronald Farrar
- Navigating Your Freshman Year: How to Make the Leap to College Life-and Land on Your Feet, by Students Helping Students
- Major in Success: Make College Easier, Fire Up Your Dreams, and Get a Very Cool Job, by Patrick Combs and Jack Canfield
- How to Win at College: Surprising Secrets for Success from the Country's Top Students, by Cal Newport
- Chicken Soup for the College Soul: Inspiring and Humorous Stories for College Students (Chicken Soup for the Soul), by Jack Canfield
- Living the College Life: Real Students. Real Experiences. Real Advice. (Cliffs Notes S.), by Kenneth Paulsen
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child from High School to College, by Patricia Pasick