Residency Licensure is a program for those who have a degree in a subject area, and are seeking teaching credentials. To enter Residency Licensure, our program has the following requirements:
- Candidates must be employed in the field in which they seek certification. This is verified by a completed RL form from your Human Resources director.
- Candidates must have 24 hours of course credit in the area for which they seek certification. If additional coursework is needed in the certification area, online courses may be available at Catawba.
- Candidates must have a GPA of 2.70 or greater.
- Candidates must pass the Praxis (licensure exam) in their certification area.
- Candidates must take and pass edTPA, (professional portfolio) while enrolled at Catawba.
- Candidates must complete 12-15 hours of required residency licensure coursework at Catawba with a grade no lower than a C.
- Candidates must complete the internship and professional seminar courses and must be currently employed to support this coursework.
- Coursework is offered in hybrid and online formats, with some classes being offered during the summer.
We will evaluate your transcripts and formulate a plan of coursework to meet your needs.
We look forward to working with you!
Dr. Larry Cartner, Director of Residency Licensure
Goodman School of Education - Catawba College
2300 W Innes St
Salisbury, NC 28144