Skip to main content

Sign into the Catawba College community portal:

Login to CatLink

Future Students

Apply online or check the status of your Admissions application:

Admission Portal

REMAIN AT CATAWBA  |  Take the Pledge  |  Ask a Question

Lateral Entry Policies

Lateral entry teachers should contact the Office of Personnel in their local school districts and seek licensure through the services of the Regional Alternative Licensing Center (RALC.) In some cases, the local Office of Personnel may be able to recommend other routes to licensure. Although Catawba College does not offer licensure programs for lateral entry teachers, these teachers may take late afternoon or evening classes at Catawba College. Lateral entry teachers who wish to take undergraduate courses for licensure should contact the Department of Teacher Education regarding the availability of classes. They will also need to apply to Catawba College as a post-baccalaureate student.

August, 2009