Junior Methods Internship
The Catawba College Junior Methods Internship is intended to link content knowledge, technical competencies, and the attitudes and values developed in the professional preparation of educators to the realities and needs of school life. It was designed to tie K-12 schools and higher education in the mutual goal of improving the quality of education.
Goals of the Internship Experience:
- To improve the quality of a teacher preparation program through rigorous entry and program standards and a relevant array of "real world" application experiences.
- To develop teacher leaders who will strengthen the profession of teaching as they progress from the initial stages of preparation and throughout their career.
- To close the gap between educational theory and the wisdom of practice.
- To assist in the professional development of 21st century educators (pre-professional, school-based, and college-based).
- To improve an elementary school through the development of better prepared educators who contribute to a school culture focused on learning outcomes.
- To produce measurable improvements in classroom learning for all students at all levels through collaboration which combines, focuses and uses the collective talents, knowledge, energies, and resources of the partners.
Catawba College Mission Statement
Catawba College is committed to providing students an education rich in personal attention that blends the knowledge and competencies of liberal studies with career preparation. Catawba College draws strength from Judeo-Christian values, sustains a dynamic community of learners and seeks to unite a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff as active co-participants in scholarship and service. Catawba College prepares students to reach their highest potential while becoming responsible citizens with a zeal to enrich human life.