Dr. Salvatore Musumeci
Phone: (704) 637-4344
- DEPARTMENT CHAIR
- Associate Professor of History and Classics
- Associate Director, College Honors Program
- B.A., Palm Beach Atlantic University
- M.A., Trinity College
- Ph.D., Queen Mary and Westfield College
- Post-Doctoral Study, Università degli Studi di Perugia (Perugia, Italy) & Institut Européen d'Histoire et des Cultures de l'Alimentation, Université François Rabelais (Tours, France)
Dr. Salvatore Musumeci is a Connecticut native and fervent Hartford Whaler and Jimmy Buffett fan. Salvatore received his B.A. in Philosophy and Religion from Palm Beach Atlantic University (West Palm Beach, FL) and his M.A. in History from Trinity College (Hartford, CT). He completed his Ph.D. in History and English at Queen Mary and Westfield College (University of London) under the direction of the noted art historian Evelyn Welch.
Salvatore is a socio-cultural historian with an interest in the material and visual cultures of Europe between 1300 and 1600. His research deals primarily with consumable goods (esp. food and wine), the social imagination in medieval and Renaissance Italy; and the reception and influence of classical texts and ideas in medieval and early modern Europe.
Dr. Charles M. McAllister
Professor Emeritus of History
B.A., King College
M.A., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Ph.D., University of Virginia
Post-Doctoral Study, Oxford University
A Catawba faculty member from 1986 until 2016, Dr. McAllister taught courses on Ancient Western World, Emerging Western World, History of Britain, Ancient Eastern Civilizations, and Historiography, along with several special topics courses.