Admissions Information and Requirements for the BSN Pre-Licensure Program
The requirements include admission to Catawba College, proof of high school graduation or the equivalent, and application to the nursing major (also known as Nursing Upper Division). The student must also have the following:
- Successful completion of all pre-requisite GenEd (non-nursing and nursing) courses with a letter grade of “C” or better
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 grading scale
- The following courses must be completed with a letter grade of “C” or better:
- Anatomy and Physiology I (with lab)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (with lab)
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Chemistry (with lab)
Students who have received a failing grade in a course for a breach of academic integrity, which has been sustained by the Catawba College Institutional Review Process (Conduct Committee), will not be considered for admission into the nursing major.
Admission and Applying
You must first apply for admission and be accepted to Catawba College before applying to the BSN Pre-Licensure program:
*Students with a score slightly below the proficient level and also have a GPA above 2.5 may be eligible for admission to the Nursing Upper Division.