Author's Symposium and Writing Competition
Catawba College invites you to attend the Author's Symposium events below:
March 1, 2018
Catawba College will host an author’s symposium led by two accomplished authors, George Singleton and Tom Cooper.
Come join us as we learn the nuances and complexities that will help lead you to becoming a distinguished author. The day will consist of a tour of campus, the symposium, lunch in our cafeteria, and a book signing and photo opportunity in the afternoon.
Schedule of Events
9:30am — Admissions Presentation
10:00am — Campus Tour
11:00am — Author Symposium
12:00pm — Lunch in Catawba’s Cafeteria
1:30pm — Book Signing & Photos with author
We’re excited to announce the Catawba College Prize for Young Writers in collaboration with the Brady Author Series. We’re inviting high school students to enter their original, unpublished flash fiction, nonfiction, and poetry.
The Catawba College Prize for Young Writers closes March 2, 2018.
The three winning pieces will be published in the forthcoming issue of Catawba’s Arrowhead. Additionally, all winners receive a signed copy of Tom Cooper’s The Marauders.
- To enter, you must be a current high school student.
- Previously published submissions and those forthcoming at other publications cannot be considered. This includes work that has been self-published online, on personal websites, or other publishing platforms.
No entry fee is required.
Only one submission per person.
- Catawba College reserves the right to approve all final, edited content.
How to Enter
Acceptable submission formats:
- Word (.docx)
- Google Document
Do not include your name on the attached document.
Formatting your Work
- Prose (fiction and nonfiction) submissions should be less than 500 words and be the writer’s own original, unpublished work.
- Prose should be double spaced.
- Poetry submissions should be less than 60 lines and be the writer’s own original, unpublished.
- Poetry can be single spaced.