High School Students
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY AS A FIRST-TIME, FIRST-YEAR STUDENT
- Apply online at Catawba.edu/apply
- The College offers one pathway for prospective first-year (freshmen) applicants to complete their admissions file for the purposes of an admission decision. Each applicant must submit the following supplemental items to complete their admission file in addition to submitting their application:
- Official high school transcript. If a student has not or will not receive a high school diploma, they may present a General Education Development (GED) certificate or a certified High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED). NOTE: a notarized English translation is required when official records in another language
- A writing sample. A writing sample. To fulfill this requirement, students will write a 250-600 word essay using the prompts provided at www.catawba.edu/writingprompt
- (Optional) Letter of recommendation from a core subject teacher or your guidance counselor
To Apply for Financial Assistance
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and submit it online as soon as possible after October 1st of your senior year. Our FAFSA code is 002914.
- Once you have been accepted to Catawba College and we have received the valid results of your FAFSA, the Office of Financial Aid will process your financial aid package.
- Please complete all financial aid requirements in a timely manner.
*If you do not plan to apply for financial aid, please notify our Office of Financial Aid by completing the Financial Aid Waiver at www.catawba.edu/fafsawaiver.