Home Educated Students
Catawba College welcomes home educated students to our "home school friendly" campus!
Here, you will find beautiful architecture, great facilities, residential campus living, and helpful academic resources. But most importantly, you will experience a warm, friendly, and close-knit community where one's faith is encouraged, valued and nurtured.
Catawba's mission is to provide an education for its students that will allow them to lead meaningful lives of purpose. While our academic standards are stringent, our student to faculty ratio is low — 16:1, and our faculty is committed to helping you achieve academic success. You will have plenty of opportunities for hands-on learning, service work, study abroad, internships and experiential learning as we help you realize your gifts and reach your full potential, always with an emphasis on faith and values.
How to Apply
Catawba College offers two admission options for home educated students — Standard Admission and Test Optional Admission.
Standard Admission is ideal for students with GPAs and test scores within or above our middle 50% ranges.
To apply for Standard Admission:
- Official Transcript (view sample)
- An official copy of scores on either the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT - CEEB code #5103) or the American College Testing Program (ACT - CEEB code #3080)*
*We will accept self-reported test scores on the application for admission.
test optional admission
Test Optional Admission is ideal for students with a minimum weighted GPA of 3.25 and SAT and ACT scores below our middle 50%.
To apply for Test Optional Admission:
- An official copy of the student's high school transcript, a High School Equivalency Diploma OR a certified Adult High School Diploma;
- Activities Resume (include any activities, experiences, and accolades you wish)
- Essay or Graded Written Paper- view essay prompts at www.catawba.edu/essayprompts
- Letter of Recommendation from teacher, tutor, or community member.
Catawba is a logical next step for many home schooled students, a place you can grow and thrive and achieve. We encourage you to come for a visit and see for yourself if Catawba would be a good fit for you.
Contact Us Today!
We welcome your phone calls, e-mails and campus visits. We are here to make the process simple and look forward to assisting you and building a great relationship with you. If you have questions or comments, please contact the Office of Admission at 1-800-CATAWBA or email@example.com.
Home Educated is also commonly referred to as Home Schooled or Homeschooled.