Skip to main content

Sign into the Catawba College community portal:

Login to CatLink

Future Students

Apply online or check the status of your Admissions application:

Admission Portal

REMAIN AT CATAWBA  |  Take the Pledge  |  Ask a Question

Transfer Student FAQs

Do I need to submit a high school transcript?
Students who have NOT earned Associates degree (A.A., A.S., or A.F.A.) are required to provide an official copy of a student’s final high school transcript. If a student has not received a high school diploma, they may present a General Education Development (GED) certificate or a certified High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED). The final high school transcript requirement is waived for students who have completed an Associates of Arts or Associates of Science degree from a regionally accredited college. Also, if you have a A.A., A.S., OR A.F.A., ALL your general education requirements at Catawba College will be met!

Which classes will transfer to Catawba College?
View the list of classes that transfer from a NC Community College to Catawba College.

Do I need to submit SAT or ACT scores?
Candidates with fewer than 24 transferable college credits and who graduated from high school within the last 12 months are required to submit official SAT or ACT scores. Students with 25 or more credits of college credit will be evaluated based on their transfer work only.

I'm not sure if my courses transfer. Can someone review my transcript?
If you are interested in an “informal” evaluation of your transcript, email an unofficial copy to Admissions at

What is a Transfer Student?
A transfer student is someone who has attended one or more regionally accredited colleges or universities and is seeking a baccalaureate degree. You have graduated from high school or have earned your G.E.D., and now you are applying for admission to Catawba College as a degree-seeking student from another accredited college or university. Whether you have completed 3 hours, have earned an associate’s degree, or are somewhere in between, we consider you a Transfer Student. 

Do I qualify to be a Transfer Student?
If you meet the following requirements, you are eligible to apply as a Transfer Student at Catawba College:
  1. I have earned at least 24 hours of transferable credit or earned an Associates of Arts, Associates of Science, or Associates of Nursing degree from a regionally accredited college.
  2. I am academically and socially eligible to return to the school I am currently attending or in which I was previously enrolled.
  3. I have attained a cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher. 

What if I have fewer than 18 semester hours?
Students entering the traditional college program with fewer than 18 semester hours will have their records reviewed on an individual basis to determine appropriate placement in a First-Year Seminar course. Students must satisfy the core requirements and other graduation requirements set forth in the Catawba College catalog.

How will my transferred courses be reflected on my official Catawba College transcript?
Official Catawba College transcripts will show course titles, grades, and credit hours earned (but not quality points) on transfer and transient courses for which Catawba has comparable courses and in which the student has earned a “C-” or better. The Catawba College Registrar, in consultation with appropriate department representatives as necessary, will determine whether such courses are comparable to Catawba offerings and therefore acceptable for transfer credit. Catawba College will calculate grade point averages for graduation, honors, class rank, junior marshals, etc. on Catawba work only. In checking graduation requirements in general education, the Catawba College Registrar will evaluate transfer and transient work and count comparable courses as satisfying Catawba’s general education requirements.

Have a question?

Please contact Alycia Parson, Counselor for Transfer Students, at