Joint Enrollment Applicants
What is Joint Enrollment?
High school students who are enrolled in college classes are referred to as Joint Enrollment or dual enrollment students.
Who is Eligible?
High school juniors or seniors who have official test scores are able to apply for admission to Catawba as a Joint Enrollment student. The deadline to apply for fall is August 1. The deadline to apply for spring is January 2.
How to Apply
- Go to www.catawba.edu/apply
- Click on Undergraduate Day Student Application.
- Create an account in the Admissions portal if you have not previously applied to Catawba. Login to the Admissions portal if you already have an account.
- Once logged in, click on Apply Online.
- Select the New Abbreviated Day Application (second option).
- Fill out the Enrollment Information screen:
- Catawba Program: Undergraduate
- Entry Term: Term taking the course
- Intended Major: Major considering when enrolling full time in college
- Click Submit
- Start the application.
- You will be entering as: Joint Enrollment
- Complete the remainder of the application and submit.
Items needed for admission are:
Your school counselor can send this information on your behalf directly to Catawba.
Preview Courses Available for Registration
To see class openings, please login to www.catawba.edu/academics
- Click on Class Openings
- Click on Current Class Openings
- Choose term and click on Submit
- Choose the discipline in which you are interested, click Day under session and click on Class Search
- Click the title of the class in which you are interested
- If the class is open, the class will show remaining seats
- Please note the five-digit number after the title of the class. This number is the CRN number and is needed to register
- Please note we are not allowed to add students to closed classes nor are you allowed to waitlist.
Register for Classes
Joint Enrollment students will complete both Orientation and Registration by logging in to Blackboard, where they will register for classes. Please contact Alycia Parsons (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your Catawba student ID # and login information.
Free Class for Local Students
As part of our Stay Local initiative, students in Rowan, Davie, Davidson, Iredell, Cabarrus, and Stanly Counties receive one free class.