The Curriculum Committee is charged with reviewing, recommending, and implementing curriculum policy requirements. In particular, the committee is responsible for:
- reviewing proposals for the initiation, revision, and deletion of undergraduate courses and makes recommendations to the full faculty on these matters;
- reviewing proposals for the intiation, revision, and deletion of general education, majors, minors, and graduation requirements, as well as reviewing the criteria for general education, majors, minors, and graduation requirements and makes recommendations to the full faculty on these matters;
- approving a course to be scheduled on-line; and,
- approving and certifying a course as fulfilling the Non-Western perspective requirement.
The Committee Operating Procedures and all forms related to Curriculum Committee business can be found on the Catawba network T-drive in the COMMITTEES/CURRICULUM folder.
- Richard Macri, Chair
- Steve Etters
- Gordon Grant
- Carmony Hartwig
- Jason Hunt
- Andrew Jacobson
- Carol Ann Miderski
- Sandra Yamane
- Ex officio: Connie Lowery (Provost) & Lisabeth Slate (Associate Registrar)
For more information, please contact the Chair of the Curriculum Committee.