Join us for a Virtual Wine Tasting - a three series event to support the Catawba College Football Program.
This three event series is being hosted by Catawba alumnus Daniel Benton ‘00, owner of Benton Family Wines. Each tasting will last 45-60 minutes and will be followed Q&A with the wine maker. The event will take place on the following dates:
- April 9: Croze Chardonnay
- April 23: Smith Wooten Cabernet Franc
- May 7: Croze Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
Tickets are $200 each, which includes a box containing everything needed for the wine tasting ($70 is tax deductible and shipping is included).
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
For every ticket purchased, you will receive a box containing:
- Three bottles of wine
- A newsletter from the vineyard
- Recipes and cheese pairing suggestions
- Tasting Notes
RAFFLE FOR NAPA VALLEY TRIP (OPTIONAL)
When registering, you will have the opportunity to buy raffle tickets for the chance to win a trip to Napa Valley valued $5-7,000. Tickets for raffle are $100 each. The drawing will be May 7, 2021. The trip includes:
- 4 night, 3 day stay in Napa Valley
- Flight, hotel, tastings, transportation and dinner
- Winner will spend two days at the vineyard for wine tastings, then have one free day to explore Napa
- Winner will have dinner with the winemaker (1st Day), at a Michelin star restaurant (2nd Day), and on your own (3rd day)
- Transportation to and from the airport, as well as during the trip
Register below or call (704) 637-4394. RSVP by March 19, 2021.
ABOUT THE WINEMAKER
Catawba College alumnus Daniel Benton ‘00 is the Vintner at Benton Family Wines (BFW) in Napa, California.
Daniel was born and raised in Salisbury, North Carolina where much of his family still resides. He attended Catawba College and was a member of the 1996 conference champion football team. While attending Catawba, Daniel studied biology and chemistry, which ultimately led to his interest in wine production.
Daniel has graciously offered to host a wine tasting as a fundraiser for the Catawba College Football Program.