- Music Business Major, Entrepreneurship Minor
- Head Resident Assistant, Performer and manager in the Artist Development Program
“Catawba is all about connection, and I’ve connected with people I wouldn’t just consider friends, they’re my family.”
- Member of the softball team for 4 years
- Treasurer for Student Nursing Association
- Member of NSLS
"I wouldn’t trade my time at Catawba for anything in the world. Catawba is my home away from home."
- Religion and Philosophy with a concentration in Christian Ministry
- RLC Co Chairmen, SGA class Treasurer, Phi Epsilon member, Cru Leader, Homecoming Queen 2019, Year of Inquiry, Chapel Attendee
“Catawba has been one of my most rewarding and at times most difficult experiences. It became a home and has introduced me to friends forever within staff and students. I will forever treasure my years at Catawba College.”
Johannesburg, South Africa
- BS Biology
- Women’s swimming and independent study (BPA toxicology)
“It’s been a fulfilling journey that has gone far beyond any expectations I could have had of a college experience. I’ve met the most amazing people that I will cherish for a lifetime. I’ve enjoyed my life at Catawba and am so thankful to have been apart of this community.”
- Psychology major, Criminal Forensic Studies minor
- Catawba Indoor/Beach Volleyball, Catawba Ambassador, Spring Psychology Club Vice President
"Catawba has offered me friends, fellowship, and knowledge that will last me a lifetime and I will be forever grateful for such a reward."
- Major: Integrated Marketing Communications
- Minor: Business Administration
- Member of Catawba Women’s Soccer Team
- President of SAAC 19-20
- Alpha Chi
- Served as a junior marshal
"My time at Catawba didn’t end how I expected it to, but it can never change the memories I’ve made the past 4 years. My hopes after graduation are to purse a career in digital marketing and eventually work my way into a role in sport marketing with a professional sports team."
East Bend, NC
- Major - Nursing
- Student Nurses Association Vice-President
- Accepted position at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in the Comprehensive Cancer Center.
"I’m going to be a Oncology & Hematology Nurse! “It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together. Thank you Catawba for the support and the love through my undergraduate nursing career. I’m excited to represent Catawba in the healthcare field!”
- Major: Business Administration with a concentration in Communications.
"After this school year, I will be going down to Florida to participate in the Disney College Program as a Cast Member for Fall 2020. During my time at Catawba I was a Resident Assistant, a Catawba Ambassador, an ALPHA, and the VP/Social Media Manager for the Spoken Word Club. Catawba has helped shape me to be the person I am today and I will carry with fond memories from my four years. That is thanks to the professors, staff, and the friends I made a Catawba."
- My major is elementary education
- I am involved in West Scholars for education majors
"I am so thankful for my time at Catawba. It has helped me realize my full potential, given me many lifelong friends and has prepared me to be the best teacher I can be. The professors, especially in the education department, have taught me so much and I am more than prepared for my future in education. Catawba will always be home! Thank you Catawba!"
- Major in Writing, Minor in Marketing
- President of SPO (Paranormal club), Anime and Gaming, and part of several community events
“I will always love the people I met here along the way and remember their impact!”
"While studying at Catawba I have double majored in Elementary and Special Education. After graduation I will pursue a job in Special Education. During my time at Catawba I made lifelong friends and memories. I will forever cherish my time and memories from Catawba."
Santa Fe, NM
"I plan on going into full time technical theatre work in lighting, beginning with production work on board cruise ships. I’m from Santa Fe, NM originally and majored in theatre arts with minors in music theatre and mathematics. I was heavily involved in Catawba’s Blue Masque, Choir, as well as the Honors Council and Catawba Shelter guardians in addition to working with theatres in the community. My time at Catawba taught me the importance of the people I work with, not just the product."
- Accounting major
- Minors in Music and Business Administration
- Active member of the College Honors Program
- Chair of the council of students during senior year
- Multi-time member of the tour choir
"Next year I will be attending North Carolina State University to get my Masters of Accountancy and in 2021 I will be working at one of the top four accounting firms in the US. Catawba allowed me to explore all of my interests, I began as a Music Business major which brought me to Accounting where I felt I was really meant to be. When I changed majors I still maintained all of my relationships in the music department and I feel that is something unique about Catawba, your major doesn't define you as much as you define yourself. My professors have been supportive of me throughout my collegiate career and were helpful through my job search as well as through the Graduate School application process. The relationships I made at Catawba will last a lifetime and for that I will be eternally grateful."
- Major: music performance
- Involvement: president of Catawba Anime and Gaming Club, Secretary of Spoken Word Club, member of the National Society of Leadership and Success, member of The Blue Masque
"I have been accepted into the Disney College Program and will be one of four Catawba graduates representing our school at Disney World in Orlando, Florida starting in August. Catawba College has been the best home away from home I could have ever imagined. On campus, my friends and professors are a part of an amazing family that I will cherish in my heart always. Go, Cat-U!"
- BFA Musical Theatre major
- Graduating with honors
- Member of the Blue Masque board all four years, both as the Alumni Relations chair and as the Historian
- Member of Alpha Psi Omega, Alpha Chi, Phi Epsilon, Sigma Alpha Pi, and the Catawba College Honors Council my freshman year.
- Recipient of the Hobgood Theatre Arts Scholarship, the Sidney Blackmer Acting Award, and the Ashton Tibbett Playwriting Award
- An Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Semi-Finalist at KCATCF IV
- Served as a Junior Marshal
- Majors: Biology and Environment and Sustainability- Environmental Science
- Minor: Chemistry
- Campus Activities: Tri-Beta Biological Honors Society, Environmental Stewards and American Chemical Society
“There are many wonderful things about Catawba, but the best is the faculty! The support and kindness of all my professors got me this far, and I cannot thank them enough!
Starting this fall, I will be beginning a PhD program in Environmental Health Sciences at the Arnold School of Public Health at the University of South Carolina. I will be focusing my research on the connection between the environment and human health, specifically on adverse health outcomes related to climate change. I got to visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention my sophomore year with Dr. Coggin’s Honors class, and I think it would be pretty cool to work for them one day!"
- Majored in Religion & Philosophy and minored in Psychology.
- Served on Student Government as a senator for four years
- Co-Chair of the Retreat Leadership Corps
- An Archon in the Dead Athenian Society.
- Hoping to attend a Divinity School or seminary and pursue a career in Christian ministry.
"For me, Catawba has been full of extraordinary opportunities and beautiful community. With its caring professors, passionate students, and life-long friendships, I can honestly say that Catawba is more than an educational institution. It's a home."
- B.A. in Religion & Philosophy with a concentration in Christian Ministries.
In a short period of time, Catawba became my home away from home. During my time at Catawba I have gained genuine community, lasting relationships, and memorable experiences. I will never take Catawba, it's amazing faculty & staff, the creative, informative, classes, and my time here for granted. Thank you Catawba for welcoming me into your family."
- Major: Exercise Science Minor: Psychology
“As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. ”- Ben Hogan
China Grove, NC
"I will be at Atrium Health, Cabarrus new graduate program. I’m from China Grove, NC. My major at Catawba was Nursing. I was involved in many activities in Catawba including the wellness Wednesday events, Catawba College Student Nurses Association, Delphi, was a work study for Student Affairs. If you are looking for a small college that will feel like your home away from home then Catawba is where you need to be!"
- Majored in Environment & Sustainability with concentrations in Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management.
- Member of the Catawba Women’s Lacrosse Team for 3 years, as well as a member of ACS and the Environmental Union.
"I have enjoyed my time at Catawba and I will always cherish the memories and friendships that I made. I hope to get a job with an environmental consulting company. I plan to go back to school in a few years for my master’s degree."
- Majors: Political Science and Spanish.
- Dance team, Helen Foil Society, and BSU
I plan on attending law school after a year of working in a firm in Charlotte. The quote I think represents my time here is 'life tried to crush her, but only succeeded in creating a diamond.' (John Green)."
Samantha Gates has accepted a position as a Retail Management Trainee with Food Lion in the Greensboro/Burlington area. She is from and a May 2020 Honors graduate with a BA in Sociology and minors in Psychology & Business Administration.
During her time at Catawba she was involved in many activities which included being a member of and active participant in the Honors Program Student Council, worked as a Junior Admissions Representative, a Resident Assistant, and in Wellness Promotion. She traveled on many trips as well as presented at various conferences.
"My time at Catawba was invaluable. It was exactly where I needed to be. I created long lasting friendships and bonds throughout my time here. The opportunities afforded to me through Catawba are what I am most grateful for."
- Major: Business Administration, concentration: Marketing, Minor: Accounting
- Involvement: Catawba Women's Soccer team
"I had a great time."
- Major in Sociology and minor in Dance
- Dance ensembles, leading my own dance ensemble, Sociology classes, and winter fests
"Before I went to Catawba College, I didn't even know who I was, and then when I did go to Catawba College I finally discovered my real self."
Sarah Grace Cuthbert
- Majored in Political Science, minored in History
- Honors Program
- Served in various SGA positions all four years, and was the Executive Vice President my senior year.
- Served as the co-chair of the Student Issues committee
- Active in several clubs throughout my duration at Catawba, and most involved with The Blue Masque and The Black Student Union.
- Member of Catawba's Ethics Bowl Team
- Writer for the Theatre Arts Spotlight Newsletter
- Employed as a Tour Guide, Student Ambassador, and Note-Taker for students with disabilities.
"I am delighted to announce that my next journey will be taking place in Washington, DC for Graduate School. I will be attending American University in the Fall where I will be studying Public Policy. It was an honor to be accepted into one of the most prestigious programs in the entire country, and it is still a little daunting. However, I know that Catawba has prepared me for this, and as I ruminate on my time here, I feel forever indebted to all of my professors who prepared me for the rigor that this next challenge will bring me.
Discovering Catawba College was a truly serendipitous encounter for me. I was fortunate enough to have a strong relationship with a Catawba alum while I was in high school. He was a theatre teacher of mine and to this day he still one of the most remarkable people I have ever met. He perfectly exemplified kindness and intellect, he was a very strong leader, was talented beyond measure, and he had a very strong sense of character. One day I asked him how he became such a remarkable person, and he responded saying that he was homeschooled his whole life, so I should thank Catawba College for the man he became. I had never heard of the school, but immediately looked it up. He put me in contact with some of the Theatre Arts faculty, and as soon as I toured the school I knew that I was home. I had no desire to apply anywhere else, and I never once regretted my decision. Even when I changed my academic path completely, I knew there was no where else in the world I would rather attend. Catawba has been, and always will be home."
- Officer Candidate Program U.S. Coast Guard (Specialize in Environmental Protection)
- Major in Biology, Minor Psychology
- Sea turtle conservation
“Thank you Catawba for bringing me my friends I will have forever.”
"I am an Air Force veteran and mom to a beautiful 6 year old daughter. I will be completing the Nursing Program here at Catawba. I have accepted a position as a new graduate nurse with Novant in their Neonatal ICU at Presbyterian in Charlotte. Catawba’s nursing program has been an experience I will never forget. The faculty have gone above and beyond to prepare us for professional nursing and I am so excited to begin my journey as a NICU nurse. Thank you Catawba College."
East Bend, NC
- Majors: Athletic Training, Exercise Science
- Minor: Accounting
- Significant Involvement Activities: Catawba athletic training club (2 year member, 1 year treasure, 1 year president), Devo Womens Soccer for 4 years, Sports and health science society 4 years, APLHA 3 years
- Looks to further degree by getting masters while working as a graduate assistant athletic trainer.
"Catawba College didn't just give me an education, it taught me what a supportive close-knit family was while introducing me to new cultures and experiences, giving me opportunities to step out of my comfort zone, and being a part of social engagements."
- Major: Accounting
- Minor:Business Administration
- In Fall 2020, will be attending the College of Charleston to complete Masters of Accounting
- Senior Class Vice President
- Treasurer of Phi Beta Lambda Business society; Competed at the national convention this past summer
- Competed on both the cross country and track & field teams.
"Catawba College is more than an education. Catawba's community is rare, finding a group of people that can share in the successful moments, the failure, and everything in between. The faculty and staff are both mentors and friends. Catawba has impacted not only my life, but my whole family with both my brother and sister graduating from Catawba. I will forever cherish these relationships and memories that I have made. Fair Catawba. My Catawba."
- Majors: Religion and Philosophy major and a concentration in Christian ministries
- Has been a part of all of the choirs and the chapel scholars since freshman year
“My time at Catawba has been so inspiring and I’ve grown into the person I am today due to the lessons I’ve learned and the people I’ve met. I am engaged and without Catawba I would not have met my fiancé. Catawba gave me so much and it breaks my heart that I’ll never get to walk the campus again as a student. Thank you Catawba. Fair Catawba my Catawba.”
Snow Camp, NC.
- Majored in psychology and sociology
- Graduated with honors
- Involved with the Honors Council of Students, the Psychology club, several honors societies and somehow found time to work three campus jobs.
- Major: Environment & Sustainability (Natural Resource Management)
- Minors: Biology & Communication
- Resident Assistant 2017-2019
- Delphinian Women’s Society Secretary 2017-2019
“It’s not what you do, it’s who you know. Don’t burn bridges. A rising tide lifts all of the ships!” -Taylor Mason
PLANS AFTER GRADUATION: move to Nashville, TN and play country music and be a songwriter.
- Graduating with a degree in Elementary Education.
- Student Government Association
- Black Student Union
- Catawba Admissions -- just to name a few!
- Currently in the admissions process for Teach for America in order to help develop future world changers, innovators, and critical thinkers through education.
"As a future educator, it is my goal to make a positive, everlasting, and remarkable impact on the next generation; especially students who live in low income/high poverty areas. It is so unfortunate that my Catawba Experience has come to an end, but it was well worth the ride! During my experience, Catawba has evolved me into the person, leader, and advocate I am today. After these 4 years, I feel well equipped to be successful in both, the real world and the professional world."
- Business Administration with a concentration in Management
- Minor in Economics
"I transferred to Catawba as a junior and I have loved it ever since. During my time at Catawba I was a member of the Women´s Golf Team and a member of Alpha Chi honors society as well as Phi Epsilon honors society. Catawba have taught me many things and maybe most importantly that we are stronger together and that there is always something to learn. A quote that I will take with me from Catawba is: 'Everything you don´t know is something you can learn.'
After graduation I seek to keep working internationally since I love meeting people from different cultures. I would love to keep working within Management and HR. I also have a big interest for sports so I may try to work more towards that as well. I´m excited to take on the adult world and I´m motivated to learn more about how the 'real world' works."
- Double majored in Accounting and Business Administration with a concentration in information systems.
- Catawba Guide freshmen and sophomore years
- Phi Beta Lambda and the National Honors Society.
"My experience at Catawba seemed to be super quick. It was very laid back and I enjoyed the connection between students and professors the most. I am proud to say that I am a graduate of Catawba College. Go Indians!"
- Majored in Communications and minored in Theatre Arts and Marketing.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Pioneer for two years
- Member of the Blue Masque Theatre club
- SGA Senior Class Senator
- Writer for the Theatre Arts spotlight and participated in several theatre shows on stage and off
- Digital marketing intern for the Men's Lacrosse team.
"Although I will miss all of those activities dearly, I have a great future ahead. I will be continuing my role as Digital Marketing Coordinator with Miller Davis till my second brain surgery in August. After that, hopefully we will make our way to work for Buzzfeed one day!!"
- Transferred to Catawba in 2018, from Spartanburg Methodist College.
- Education major, with a concentration in Middle School Science.
- Played on the Women's Basketball team
"I am so thankful for these two years at Catawba, and the experiences it brought upon me. "In college you never realize the opportunities you have been given; grasp concepts, cherish little things, build relationships, and become the best possible version of yourself. As the years fly by, the memories will last a lifetime."
- Business Administration with Concentration in Communication
- Football Player for Four Years.
“Anything you receive is only worth as much as you choose.”
- B. A. History minor in Biology
- Going to Lindenwood University for a M. A. in Art History to be a college professor
"Catawba was my home for four years and I met some of the best people that I will have a lifelong friendship with!"
- Professional school at Ave Maria School of Law.
- Fort Myers, Florida- Hometown
- History Major and Secondary Ed. Minor
- Football, Philos, Order of Blue and White, Kappa Delta Pi, West scholar.
- Graduating with a B.S. in both Environmental Science and Natural Resource Management and a B.A. in Biology
- Involved in several on campus clubs
- Served as an officer for ACS
- Inducted into Tri Beta and NSLS.
- Presented undergraduate research at SNCURCS two years in a row, and planned to present with Tri Beta at the ASB conference in March.
"I plan to continue my education by completing a masters while working full time, then moving onto a PhD program. I attended Catawba’s very first C3 camp as a rising middle schooler, which played a critical role in my pursuit of a natural sciences degree and career. I was, and still am thrilled to continue to enrich my passion for science and education by coming back to Catawba. My dream is to eventually take my PhD and become a college professor.
Catawba has allowed me to stay close to home when my family needed me most, and still receive a great education. I have been given the tools to take my education and skills further than I ever imagined, and I can only climb higher from here.”
- Nursing Major
- Tri Alpha, National Honors Society, National Student Nurses Association
"Catawba is where I have grown not only my knowledge but also where I gained lifelong friendships."
- Music Education/special subjects k-12
- RA, Wigwam, Campus Band, Chapel Scholar
“Do... or do not, there’s no try” - Yoda
- Major: Therapeutic Recreation; Minor: Religion
- Member of Catawba's cross country and track and field team (served as a captain for this past fall's XC team)
- Served as a Junior Marshal in 2018-2019
Will be attending UNC Chapel Hill in the fall to pursue a master's degree in Clinical Rehabilitation and Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
"My experience at Catawba was more than just an educational pursuit; it was a journey that involved achievements and challenges, self-discovery and self-improvement, and relationship-building and opportunities. Catawba gifted me with some of my best friends, a new and inspiring vocational outlook, and a better understanding of myself. Most importantly, Catawba was my home away from home: physically, mentally, emotionally, socially, and spiritually!”
- Sociology major
- Black Student Union President for two consecutive years
- Member of the National Society of Leadership and Success
"Catawba College has shown me that I have GRIT. Meaning a firmness of mind and spirit. When faced with adversity I was strong. I grew up and made many mistakes, but through mistakes I found myself and for that I am thankful."
Yeimi Reyna Romero
- Double majoring in Athletic Training and Biology
- Volunteer Catawba's volunteer student coordinator, secretary of Tri-Alpha, and treasurer of SHSS.
- Prose editor of Arrowhead magazine.
- Alpha Core Orientation Leader the past four years and a Retreat Leadership Corps member.
- Member of four honor societies: Tri Alpha, Tri-Beta, Epi philson, and Phi Epsilon Kappa.
Plans to become a Certified Athletic Trainer, then go to Graduate school
"What an amazing journey and experience. Thank you for giving me lifetime memories. Fair Catawba, My Catawba!"
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- President of the Student Nurses Association
- Phi Epsilon Member
- The National Society of Leadership and Success Member
"I am thankful for the opportunity to learn to be a nurse from such wise and compassionate people — professors, staff and students alike. I am inspired by all of you every day, and in awe of the positive effect that the students can and will have on our world."
- Communication Major, Minor in Business
- Cheerleading Captain 2019
- Black Student Union
- Catawba Pioneer writer
"Catawba College gave me a second chance at looking at life in a different angle. I will forever be grateful that this college gave me that opportunity".
- Major: Athletic Training
- Involvement on Campus:
- Catawba Athletic Training Students Club
- Delphinian Women’s Society
- Sports and Health Science Society
“I have enjoyed my time at Catawba and I will hold every memory close. I plan to work in a clinic or on a high school field with my degree in Athletic Training.”
- Major in Business Administration, Concentration in Information Systems
- Minor in Economics
- Catawba Women's Golf Team, President of NSLS
"My past four years at Catawba were so memorable and unforgettable. I have met so many life long friends during my journey. I am so happy to be able to call Catawba my home. "
New Port Richey, FL
- Nursing major
- Member of the Softball team
- Junior Marshal, member of Alpha Chi honor society, President of Phi Epsilon honor society, a SACC Representative, and a member of the Student Nurses Association.
"I wanted to come to Catawba because of the feeling of home and family I got when I first walked on campus. That feeling has stuck with me throughout my journey at Catawba. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime while gaining the knowledge and life experiences that I need to be successful in the nursing field. My goal is to move back to Florida and start a nursing job in critical care. I have had several job opportunities but have not made a final decision."
- Majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship
- Member of SAAC, student athlete advisory committee, in 2016.
- Played on the Catawba College Golf team.
"With experience through troubled times and success, we all grow. "
Ashe County, NC
- Recreational Therapy, Psychology
- Founder of LGBTQ+ Alliance
- NSLS Community Service Chair
- Resisdent Assistant
- Nursing Major
- Psychology minor
- Catawba Student Nursing Association Treasurer
"My Catawba experience was an amazing journey. Becoming a register nurse means to me that savings lives matter, and during my college journey at Catawba I had amazing professors who were there to provide all the tools I needed to be a safe and caring nurse."
- Therapeutic Recreation major
- Psychology minor
- Played softball
- Member of NSLS honor society
- Phi Epsilon Kappa
"I couldn’t thank Catawba College enough for being my home these past few years. Catawba Softball will always be my family and I can’t thank them enough for allowing me to live out my dream of playing college softball and taking me in as one of their own. My years here will never be forgotten and I will always cherish my friends and memories. Indian Pride!! "
- After graduation, will be pursuing a Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Exercise Science/Communication Arts Major
"Catawba has allowed me to meet a lot of GREAT people and make life-long connections!"
- Dual major in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Member of Alpha Chi National College Honor Society, Kappa Mu Epsilon National Mathematics Honor Society, Phi Epsilon Honor Society, and the National Society of Leadership and Success.
"Thank you for a great four years at Catawba!"
- Double major of Business Administration (International Business) and Environment & Sustainability (Sustainable Planning & Leadership)
- Minor in Spanish
- Involved in various clubs on campus and is the president of CatAMA.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Major in Sociology, Spanish & Psychology
- Spanish Club President
- Catawba Outdoor Adventures
- Alpha Orientation Leader
- Delphinian Society
- Environment Catawba Outreach
- The Pioneer Newspaper
- Student Paranormal Organization
- PURSE Project
"Catawba has given me many great things to cherish forever. Lifelong Friendships, Deeper connection with Faith, and Personal Growth. Four years later, and I wouldn't take back anything."
- Therapeutic Recreation major
- Completed internship at the Adaptive Sports Center in Crested Butte, CO
- Business Administration Major with a concentration in Marketing
- Member of NSLS
- Digital Media Intern for Men's Lacrosse
- Catawba Dance Team '17-'19
- Major: Environment & Sustainability Concentration: Sustainable Planning
- Minors: Economics and Business
- ECO Club President, Environmental Steward, NSLS member, Delphi club participant, CatawbaPalooza Committee, & Catawba Outdoor Adventures (COA)
- After Catawba, will be earning a Master of Science in Finance with a Focus on Project Management at Colorado State University Global Campus.
- Future career plans include pursuing passions within green infrastructure, resiliency, and sustainable finance.
“Catawba is a place where you make connections that last, while also learning many lessons along the way.”