Area High School Students Invited to get a "Taste" of Catawba College at "Cheerwine Day"
September 4, 2009
Redesigned Open House format allows students and parents to really "drink in" Catawba's culture
Catawba College Office of Admissions invites local high school students to indulge all their senses by attending Catawba's redesigned Open House, "Cheerwine Day," on Saturday, September 26th at the College.
"Cheerwine Day," on September 26th will be the first of two Open Houses at Catawba College for the 2009 Fall Semester. The second Open House is slated for Saturday, November 14th. TheseEvents will be hosted by Catawba College's Admission Staff and the Vice President of Enrollment Management, Lois Williams.
The Office of Admissions has redesigned the Open House format "to infuse elements of a 'real' college student's life," Williams noted. Participants will each attend a mini-class, "giving students and parents the opportunity to connect to our wonderful faculty and feel what it is like to experience a college class," said Williams. Prospective students and their families will also attend the home football game in the evening. Williams also mentioned that Catawba College recognizes "college life is about more than just being in class, so we want students to also see the social side of things at Catawba."
"Cheerwine Day" will give participating students a chance to see, hear, touch, smell, and even taste unique aspects of Catawba College as they participate in the day'sEvents:
- Look around and take in the beautiful sights of Catawba's campus on an Ambassador-led tour.
- Listen to the sounds of current Catawba music students rockin' Abernethy Quad and hear real-life stories from Catawba students, parents, and alumni.
- Touch those pens to paper as you take notes in your own professor-taught mini-class.
- Smell the hot dogs cooking at the tailgate with the Vice President for Enrollment Management and the Admissions Staff before attending the football game.
- Tastebuds will be tantalized with local treats such as Cheerwine soft drinks, Lance crackers, ice cream, and Chartwells dining specialties. *Cheerwine, since 1917, is produced by the Carolina Beverage Corporation in Salisbury, North Carolina. The local soft drink is named for its burgundy-red color and bubbly, cherry taste.*
"Cheerwine Day" begins with registration and a "Meet and Greet" with Catawba coaches in the Peeler Crystal Lounge at 11:00 AM and concludes with the option to cheer on the Catawba Indians football team in Shuford Stadium at 7:00 PM. The college bookstore will be open on this special day from 10 AM until 7:30 PM.
Students may register online or call the Catawba Admissions Office at (704) 637-4402.
- REGISTER NOW ;
- Cheerwine Day ;
- About Catawba ;
- Explore Our Campus (Interactive) ;
- Campus Maps and Directions