Baseball Set for College World Series; WSAT to Carry Games
May 25, 2012
Catawba's Baseball team will take its first ever trip to the college Division II World Series. Catawba, ranked #4 nationally with a record of 43-15, will take on #11 ranked University of Indianapolis (46-14) in the opening round on Sunday at 1 pm at the USA Baseball Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina. During the regional playoffs, Catawba defeated nationally ranked #2 Tusculum, #4 Mt. Olive, #6 Francis Marion and #7 Armstrong Atlantic to claim the championship.
The Division II College World Series will run from Saturday, May 26 through Saturday, June 2. Catawba will also play on Tuesday, May 29 at 4pm. WSAT 1280 AM will carry the Catawba games over the airwaves and the internet www.wsat1280.com. Streaming video will also be available through www.ncaa.com.
Tickets for the games are $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under and seniors age 55 and older. All-session tickets will be available for $30. Ticket office and gates will open an hour and a half before the first game of each day. Concessions will also be open at that time until the conclusion of the final game of the day.
Directions to the USA Baseball National Training Complex from Salisbury:
(200 Brooks Park Lane, Cary, NC, 27519)
- Take I-85 North to I-40 East. ;
- Follow I-40 East and exit 163 towards Raliegh. ;
- Exit I-40 onto Hwy 55 at exit 278. ;
- Take right and go four miles. ;
- Turn right only Okelly Chapel Road. ;
- After a half mile veer left onto Green Level Church Road. ;
- Go about three and a half miles and turn left onto Brooks Parks Lane.