Catawba Announces 7th Annual National Peterson Emerging Playwright Competition
September 23, 2004
There will be a production of the winning play by the Catawba College theatre arts department.
The winner will receive a $2000 cash award. Transportation to and from Catawba College for rewrites and performance, as agreed to by the department and playwright, is provided. Lodging and food, while in residence, is included. A professional response to the performance of the play will occur.
The selection of the winning playwright is based on a nation-wide search for a new full-length script demonstrating outstanding playwriting promise by an emerging (not established) playwright.
- Any subject or style except children’s plays may be submitted. ;
- Plays must be unpublished and unproduced. ;
- Eligible playwrights may submit more than one entry. ;
- One complete play must be submitted. ;
- The script submitted must be full-length (two one-act plays by the same playwright with a common theme allowed). ;
- A script size, self-addressed, stamped envelope must accompany each entry if script return is requested. If acknowledgement of receipt is needed, an email address or self-addressed stamped postcard or envelope must be included. ;
- Deadline for current cycle submissions is (postmarked) December 1 of 2004. A winner will be announced by March 15, 2005.
Send script and biographical information to: Linda F. Kesler, Theatre Arts Department, Catawba College, 2300 W Innes Street, Salisbury, N. C. 28144
Any questions may be addressed to: email@example.com
Remember, deadline for current cycle submissions is (postmarked) December 1 of 2004. A winner will be announced by March 15, 2005.