Registration Underway for Catawba College Community Music Spring Classes
January 17, 2012
Registration for spring classes that begin the week of January 20 is now underway in Catawba College's Community Music Program. Classes end the week of May 10 with recitals.
Since 1984, the program has provided a variety of quality musical experiences including private lessons, music classes and performance opportunities to help students of all ages and abilities in Salisbury and the surrounding areas develop lifelong musical foundations and skills.
New to the program this spring is a Youth Swing Band class for high school students. Other classes offered include:;
- Pre-Piano Class ;
- Class Piano for Children ;
- Catawba's Children Chorale for ages 7-14 ;
- Catawba Youth Chorale for grades 9-12 ;
- Broadway Singing for grades 6-12 ;
- Class Voice for Pre-Teens and Teens ;
- Class Flute for ages 13-18 ;
- Class Guitar ;
- Introduction to Music Recording for ages 13-18 ;
- Class Suzuki Violin (ages 6-up) ;
- I've Always Wanted to Play! for adults and seniors ;
- Songwriting Class for ages 12 and up ;
- Exploring Music Theory for ages 15 and up
Private and semi-private lessons for almost any instrument and for any age are also available! First-time enrollees receive a 10% discount. Tuition discounts are also available for families who enroll multiple children. Scholarship are available as well as payment plans.
Download a registration form, tuition information and read more about the programs at the Community Music website www.catawba.edu/communitymusic. Or call Erin Harper, Community Music program director, at (704) 881-1565 with questions.