Senior West Teaching Scholars Honored at End-of-Year Celebration
April 23, 2015
The West Teaching Scholars gathered on Thursday, April 23, 2015 for an End-of-Year Celebration in the Ketner Hall atrium.
Senior West Scholars were recognized and were given a crystal apple with the West Scholar logo engraved on the base for their future classrooms. Special guests included College Provost Dr. Michael Bitzer, faculty and staff from the Teacher Education Department and Dr. Martha West. The West Teaching Scholars are named in honor of Dr. West, a Catawba College alumna, College trustee and former Teacher Education faculty member.
The 2015 Senior Cohort will graduate the following students:
- Haley Campbell with a double major in Physical Education and Athletic Training
- Sydney Hyder with a major in Mathematics and a minor in Secondary Education
- Patrick Karriker with a major in Music and a minor in Special Subject Areas (K-12)
- Taylor Lee with a major in Music and a minor in Special Subject Areas (K-12)
- Christopher Money with a major in History Education: Middle School (6-9) and a minor in Secondary Education (9-12)
- Justin Morris with a major in Middle School Mathematics (6-9) and a minor in Athletic Coaching
- Michelle Newberger with a major in Elementary Education and a minor in Theatre Arts
- Sydney Smith with a major in Literature/Writing and a minor in Secondary Education (9-12)
- Courtney Tunstall with a major in Elementary Education
- Zachary Veitenheimer with a major in Music and a minor in Special Subject Areas (K-12)