Tips for Relieving Stress during Exams
December 5, 2012
By Raven Canty ’13 of Seagrove, N.C.
It's that time again, when students are studying for final exams. They are pulling out all of their notes from their classes and starting study groups. It's also the time when students are stressed the most. There are some steps, as a student myself, that I take so as not to stress as much or at all. Here are the things I always try to do:;
- Take study break: this is the time you can surf the web, get on Facebook or even Pinterest
- Go to the campusEvents that are created especially for students to relieve stress during exams
- Study with people who will motivate you to study instead of goofing off
- Make sure you eat brain foods as these will give you the energy to continue studying
- Don't study all day without breaks
- Pick one day for each subject you are studying for
- Pace yourself, map out days and what you are going to study for
- Don't stress, if you don't understand something get help
- Don't wait until the last minute to start studying
If you can at least do some of these things, if not all of them, you will be well prepared for all of your exams and not end up stressed to the max when you finish your exams. Remember DO NOT STRESS.