Donna James, Ed.D.
Assistant Professor, Teacher Education / B-K Program Coordinator
- Assistant Professor, Department of Teacher Education
- Birth-Kindergarten Coordinator
- Catawba Online Education Program Faculty & Advisor
- Advanced Master’s License in Birth-Kindergarten
- School Administrator (Principal License)
- D. Curriculum and Instruction- Liberty University
- Master’s Certificate in Educational Leadership/School Administration- UNC-Charlotte
- Ed. Child and Family Studies: Early Education- UNC-Charlotte
- A. English and Organizational Communication- UNC-Charlotte
Dr. Donna James has an earned Doctorate of Education in the area of Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Early Education. In addition, she earned a Post-Master’s Certificate in Educational Leadership and School Administration. Her Master’s Degree is in the area of Education: Child and Family Studies with an emphasis in Special Education/Birth-Kindergarten. Her undergraduate degree was in English and Organizational Communication. Dr. James holds a current Birth-Kindergarten Teaching License with practical teaching and administrative experience in Preschool, Elementary, Middle School, High School and Higher Education along with a School Administrator (Principal License) for the elementary level. Dr. James has community experience in launching and directing an arts-based early childhood education program and maintaining the highest levels of program licensing and accreditation for that program.
As part of her professional and community opportunities, Dr. James has presented at national conferences in the areas of Early Education and Educational Technology. Dr. James has delivered developmentally appropriate courses in face-to-face, online and hybrid formats. With considerable experience teaching in Blackboard, she has had the opportunity to develop a variety of online courses at the community college and higher education level where she received merit awards for online teaching. Dr. James initiated the first web-enhanced and hybrid format course delivery in the online program at Catawba and launched the partnerships between Catawba and the local community colleges to create a 2+2 transfer program that is now a seamless process of the Catawba Online program today.