Emergency Support Fund
The Student Emergency Fund allocates resources to students who have short-term financial needs that cannot be met.
To be considered eligible, the student must:
- Be currently enrolled.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate financial hardship due to an emergency situation, or for unanticipated circumstances that jeopardize the student’s ability to continue successfully in school.
- Provide appropriate documentation to support funding request
*Students can make one request per academic year
Expenses that will be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses not covered by insurance.
- Food & Nourishment
- Replacement or Repair costs of essential personal belongings
- Travel in the case of the death or illness of an immediate family member
- Temporary lodging costs
- Support for emergency dependent related expenses.
Expenses that will not be considered are as follows:
- Tuition, fees, books, on campus room and board, or any other standard expenses associated with attending college for those already receiving need-based financial aid.
- Costs of optional programs, entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel and other non-essential expenses.
Priority for Student Emergency Funds will be given based on:
- The urgency of the situation.
- The student’s overall financial picture and level of hardship.
- Whether other resources/support available to the student have been previously utilized.
Students must submit the application below and provide the necessary documentation. Once an application is received, students will be contacted by a member of the SEF team.
* - Required