Transient students are not seeking a degree from Catawba College and are considered visiting students. You must be enrolled full-time at another college or university and seek to take up to one semester of work at Catawba, but will return to your “home” institution.
How to Apply
- Click on Undergraduate Student Application.
- Create a portal if you have not applied to Catawba as a student previously. Log in to your portal if one was already created.
- Once logged in, click on Apply Online at the top of the screen.
- Select the Non-Traditional Pathway Application (On-Campus Only).
- Fill out the Enrollment Information screen:
- Catawba Program: Undergraduate
- Entry Term: Term taking the course
- Intended Major: Major you are considering when enrolling full time in college
- Click Submit
- Start the application
- You will be entering as: Transient
You must also submit the following supplemental items to complete your admissions file:
- A letter of good standing
- College Transcript from the current institute of attendance
International Transient Students must submit the following:
- Original documents in person at Catawba College for photocopy or provide a notarized copy of the student’s passport, F-1 visa and current I-20. If you do not have an F-1 visa, you will not be allowed to enroll as a transient student, without exception; you may not study on a B-1/B-2 visitor or tourist visa.
- Transient Clearance Form must be completed by your Designated School Official (DSO) from your home institution and submitted to Catawba College’s Admissions Office. This grants permission for you to come to Catawba College while still on your home institution’s I-20.