An endowment gift is a donation that is given with the intent to preserve the original value of the gift and to grow it over time. The funds are held in perpetuity and invested. The accumulated appreciation on the investment is used to fund an annual distribution. The annual distribution is spent according to the donor’s wishes. Through this dedicated funding, an endowment gift ensures the stability of a scholarship, professorship, or program.
Endowed gifts help Catawba fulfill our mission – but with more impact.
Types of funding opportunities:
- Presidential Endowed Scholarships (minimum funding level $150,000)
- Athletic/Talent-Based Endowed Scholarships (minimum funding level $100,000)
- Need/Merit-Based Endowed Scholarships (minimum funding level $25,000)
- Named Endowment Funds (minimum funding $25,000)
- Annual Scholarship Funds (funded with annual gifts)
Catawba Endowed Funds
To learn more about how to support Catawba or to establish a new fund, please contact the Development Office or call 704.637.4394.