Welcome to Career Services
*Catawba follows the National Association of
Colleges & Employers (NACE) reporting protocols.
Our office serves Catawba students in their individual career development — getting them ready for “life after Catawba.” We assist with all phases — from making "major" decisions, to how to write a resume, to experiential learning opportunities.
So no matter what phase you find yourself in, we are here to help! We serve as a resource for students with:
- Resumes - Creating resumes, cover letters, thank you letters, and help with personal statements for grad school applications.
- Interviews - real-world experience with the interview process through mock interviews (offered each semester).
- Career guidance - providing career guidance tools and support while you explore career paths based on your values, skills and personality.
- Expert advice on dressing for success, business etiquette tips, social media do's and dont's, networking, branding, and more.
- Recruiting events that bring recruiters from industry and graduate schools to meet with students on campus.
- Connecting with the business community to help develop internships and job shadowing opportunities
- Graduate School Preparation by assisting writing successful letters of intent
- Job search assistance by providing helpful resources and tools for the process.
- Special Events, such as career fairs, grad school fairs and forums, summer job/camp fairs, corporate recruiters on campus, and the manners matter dinner.
Focus 2: Online Career Guidance System: Focus 2 is a self-paced, online career and education planning system that helps college students explore career paths based on their values, skills, and personality.
According to a survey of 2019 graduates, 98.5% were employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months following graduation. (Catawba College follows the National Association of Colleges and Employers First Destination Reporting Protocols to achieve this 74% knowledge rate.)
- We found that more than 98.5% of the 2019 graduates were either employed or enrolled in graduate school.
- Students Employed: 87.3%
- Saturated Employers: Wells Fargo, Rowan Salisbury Schools, Novant Health, Food Lion, Orthopedic Specialist of North Carolina, Davidson County Schools, Appalachian State University and Catawba College.
- Highlighted Employers: Doosan Portable Power and Prevent Child Abuse Rowan.
- Students in graduate school: 11.2%
- Saturated Graduate Schools: Wingate, GCU, UNCC, UNCG, NCSU, UNCW and UNC – Chapel Hill.
- Degree Related: 86% of employed respondents felt that their current career is closely related to their program of study.